Monday, July 10, 2006

Books, books and more books

Nicked this from Spencer's blog via Carolan's blog. Books to read before you die.


To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Did it for Junior Cert English. I loved it.

The Bible - Read a lot of it this week. Totally mad. I don't reccommend it.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien - Read it. In a day and a half I might add. It wasn't even all that good.

1984 by George Orwell - Nope

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - Nope

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - Nope

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - Nope

All Quiet on the Western Front by E M Remarque - Nope

His Dark Materials Trilogy by Phillip Pullman - Nope

Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks - Nope

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck - Nope

The Lord of the Flies by William Golding - Nope

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon - Yep, 4 times fro Leaving Cert English. Good book in it's way once you think about the content.

Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy - Nope

Winnie the Pooh by AA Milne - Nope

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - Nope

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham - Nope

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - Nope

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens - Nope

The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - Nope

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - Nope

The Prophet by Khalil Gibran - Nope

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens - Nope

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - Nope

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov - Nope

Life of Pi by Yann MartelMiddlemarch by George Eliot - Nope

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver - Nope

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess - Nope

A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzenhitsyn - Nope


Mostly I don't intend to read these books either. Not on my reading list anyway. If I see them some day I might. I to read whatever takes my fancy and not "classics".

I did on the other hand read these books last week:

2 Robert Rankin books,
Wizards of Odd - a collection of short stories
Why the EU will run the 21st century(or something like that anyway)
The Best Democracy Money can buy
and parts of the bible in preparation for America.

And Carolan boasted to me over the phone that she has read 14 of these books and as a result she expects me to think she is my hero and that she is the greatest.

No comments: