Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Of gap years, guitar playing and barenaked ladies

I've decided that I want to do a gap year before I go to university.

Yep, big decision that, and I made it by myself, what with me being responsible and stuff. One problem...

..too many options:

In one brochure I have at the moment (i-to-i), with one specific gap program I could go to

Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Venezuela, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, India, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam.

Though really those are only the ones with programs I would probably like. I think I want to do either a community or conservation project, and I don't have a huge preference where. I would also like it to be from 3-6 months in duration so that I can spend the preceding 6+ months earning money to go on it and travelling to my various whims.

In other news, I have been ultra busy (though probably not as much as Carolan) over the past few weeks so I haven't had a lot of time to ring home or blog or anything much at all.

I have been playing guitar a lot though and I have just pillaged my poetry now book, my list of Irish sayings, Macbeth and the newspaper for lyrics and ideas. Fun stuff.


And the band I have been listening to most at the moment are The Barenaked Ladies (yes, it's a band, and not just a shocking title). Loving them at the moment, so much fun and really good music as well.

Well that's that for the moment, I'm running out of time, g'night.

No comments: