My other offer from Huddersfield arrived not long ago. It's aiming a bit high mind you:
------------
Dear Mr Goggin
Congratulations; The University of Huddersfield has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Music Technology, HW63; starting in September 2008 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:
This offer is subject to your obtaining
A minimum of 300 UCAS Tariff points
including
Irish Leaving Certificate (Higher Level)
with minimum grades of B1 in Music, Maths, Physics and English.
------------
My issue is with guaranteeing myself a B1 in English, and maybe even Maths if I don't work on it.
Huddersfield has also neglected to tell me how many subjects are included in that tariff. If it's only 4 subjects then they want me to achieve 4 A2s, significantly higher than is reasonable for the course. In comparison an A-level student would only need to achieve 3 Bs. Even if you account for tha fact that we do 2 thirds of their coursework in any given subject, the number of subjects and the likelihood of achieving those results, it totally outweighs this.
And I've read the document in which they outline how they transfered the Leaving Cert to the UCAS Tariff and it seems not to have enough into account.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats on getting a second offer.
Does Huddersfield have a contact address with which you can raise queries?
Might be worth checking with Mr McCormack about this.
bjg
PS Mum to hospital tomorrow; me driving here there and collecting; if I'm not here at any stage (assuming your phones ever work again), that will be why. She'll be there on Saturday, I believe.
They just sent me notification that I had recieved an offer from them. It didn't contain any information other than that they have an e-mail address.
I'll ask them a few questions.
Huddersfield Assistant Director, Admissions and Records
Tel: +44 (0)1484 473969
E-mail admissions@hud.ac.uk
Well, you wanted something to aim for. You're perfectly capable of getting the B1s in those subjects, so go for it!!!
Post a Comment