Thursday, January 11, 2007

Well then

I suppose I should be blogging if I can't ring home. I have not a lot to say. However, this will be disguised by the inclusion of articles and quotations to make this all seem a little bit longer.

To begin, here is the main text of the online letter from Salford of my offer from them:

-----------------

Dear Mr Goggin

Congratulations; The University of Salford has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Audio Technology, J930; starting in September 2008 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to your obtaining
A minimum of 200 UCAS Tariff points
including

Irish Leaving Certificate (Higher Level)
Mathematics

Or Physics

----------

So there you go, I need 4 C1s and to pass either Higher Maths or Physics. Not very challenging.

Here's hoping that UWE gives me an offer too.

I have a new jumper.

That is all.

2 comments:

Knocknagow said...

That is unlikely to be the course you want to do, though, so don't stop working yet!!! It's always good to know you have a fallback. See you Saturday if you can't ring before then. I have to go to hospital tomorrow.

Ian the Great said...

Well actually, it's probably my second choice of course. So if UWE doesn't come through I'll go fof this. I have yet to visit the place yet though, so I must do at some point.

And I wont stop working, partially because I aven't totally started in earnest(because I am stil organising myself I might add).

Good luck on the operation.