now that I have actually beaten my sister at something, maybe I should take this seriously.
Mr. Ronan gave us the following problem in Applied Maths(there was only 2 of us at the start of the class):
Make 24 from these 4 numbers:
3, 3, 7, 7
You must use each number once, and it can only be used once. You may only use multiplication, division, addition and subtraction.
There is an easier version where you can square and square root as well, but that one's far too easy.
I got it just after the class ended. Mr. Ronan said that I had pretty mucht the same reaction to the problem that Carolan did, which is a bit scary.
Friday, November 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did I get the answer eventually? What was my reaction? Sam says I should remember what the answer is, but I don't. It's easy with three numbers, but not with four.
Mr. Ronan said you hadn't gotten it before class the next day at any rate. I would imagine he probably told you then what the answer was.
Mum got it by the way, so well done Mum.
I can give hints, but I'd prefer not to, other than if you are getting answers like 23 and a third, and 35 you're getting the right idea
I don't like this game.
you'll kick yourself when you get it.
One clue is that if you are getting answers like 25 or 23 and a third you are headed in the right direction.
I like it purely because I managed to get it
Post a Comment